Apply for a support grant to assist you with completing a rural clinical placement.
The Allied Health Rural Clinical Placement Support Program aims to provide financial support to allied health students completing a rural clinical placement in rural Western Australia.
Allied Health Rural Clinical Placement Support Program
Rural Health West is offering allied health students the opportunity to apply for financial support to complete a clinical placement in rural Western Australia. Successful applicants may be awarded up to $800 depending on placement location, type of placement and availability of funding.
Applications for Semester 2 are now open and close 5pm Friday 22nd October
Clinical Placements will need take place between 1st July – 31st December
For further information please contact [email protected]
Who is eligible?
Students must be:
- Currently studying in a full-time or part-time capacity.
- Currently enrolled to study at one of the following Western Australian universities: Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University, the University of Notre Dame Australia Fremantle, or The University of Western Australia.
- Studying one of the disciplines listed.
- Students must be a member of a Student Rural Health Club.
Western Australian ALlied Health Interested In Bush Experience ‒ WAALHIIBE. Click here.
Students and Practitioners Interested iN Rural Practice Health Education eXcetera ‒ SPINRPHEX. Click here.
Kimberley Regional Alliance for Students in Health - KRASH. Click here.
- Clinical Placement located in an MMM 3-7 location.
Please note: Students located in a Western Australian rural region enrolled externally with a university not listed above are eligible to apply. See guidelines for further information.
Eligible university courses
- Exercise Physiology
- Health Science/ Health Promotion
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology