Overseas doctors working in Australia.
We offer recruitment advice for International Medical Graduates (IMG) who wish to practise family medicine in rural Western Australia.
If you practise family medicine, our knowledgeable staff provide a free and personalised recruitment service to find you the perfect job. This includes:
- Clinical interview (where applicable)
- Administration assistance with applications for the Australian Medical Council, The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, The Australian Medical Board and Medicare
- Assistance with immigration and visa referrals
- Orientation and support on arrival
- Ongoing family support, professional development opportunities and locum cover
Assessment for working in Australia
The application category for medical registration in Australia will depend on an individual doctor's qualifications and experience.
In order to work in family medicine in Western Australia, you must meet one of the registration pathways. The following links will aid you to carry out your self-assessment check:
- Specialist Pathway - for those with family medicine and/or general practice post graduate qualifications recognised by The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) or the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
- Competent Authority Pathway - for those who are medical graduates from an approved competent authority.
- Standard Pathway - candidates are required to pass the AMC Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) examination.
Please note that in addition to the pathway, all candidates must demonstrate that they have the necessary English language skills for registration purposes. For more information please visit the Medical Board of Australia site.
If you have conducted your self-assessment check and meet the requirements of that pathway, you can apply for a job online now!