Are you ready for a challenge?
Join us for Rotto Ramble 2019 – a med race around Rottnest Island
18-20 October 2019 (ferry to Rottnest Island departs at 4.30pm on Friday 18 October)
LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE – Register Now!
Rotto Ramble is a unique two-day event where participants test their medical skills and knowledge responding to simulated emergency scenarios in an ‘Amazing Race’ style on the beaches and tourist hot spots of Rottnest Island. Participants work as a team to diagnose, stabilise and save the lives of ‘casualties’ under the guidance of specialist emergency physicians from WA’s hospital emergency departments.
“We had to be very resourceful in terms of medical and emergency skills, as well as navigating our way around the island” – 2018 delegate
Who can attend:
*If you are a BONDED MEDICAL SCHOLAR and would like to apply for a sponsored place, please click here.
- GP Registrars
- Resident Medical Officers (PGY2+)
- Interns (PGY1)
- Third and Fourth year medicine students (UWA and UNDA Fremantle students only - Curtin students will be eligible in 2020)
This once-in-a-lifetime event will help you:
- Gain applicable skills and knowledge that will help you deal with real-life emergencies.
- Learn from emergency physicians and educators with expertise in wilderness medicine training.
- Discover how you react under pressure in emergency situations and learn how to respond in a safe and constructive manner.
- Build and form networks, industry connections and friendships with other participants, colleagues and specialists.
Registration fee: $220 per person
- Two-day education program - facilitation and upskilling
- Accommodation (shared) - chalet for two nights (Friday and Saturday)
- Return ferry tickets (group booking at specified times)
- All meals during event weekend
- Bicycle hire
- Event handbook
- Drink bottle
- Rotto Ramble T-shirt
All participants will be riding bicycles for the duration of the event, with up to 20 kilometres covered each day. Although the island is relatively flat, the activities will require average or above fitness.
REGISTER NOW – limited places available!