Financial support for partners of rural doctors.
Partners of rural West Australian general practitioners, hospital doctors and medical specialists can apply for a grant to assist their training and education expenses to enhance their employment opportunities whilst living in a rural location.
"The Certificate IV has always been of high interest to me and now because of this grant I will be able to do it." – 2018/2019 Partner Education Grant recipient.
How to apply
Interested partners should:
- be the partner of a currently practising Western Australian rural general practitioner, hospital doctor or medical specialist, both living in a rural or remote location;
- read the Partner Education Grants guidelines and eligibility criteria (Partner Education Grants Brochure);
- submit a Partner Education Grants application form; and
- enclose course information as published by the training provider.
Applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of their application. Applicants should anticipate that it will take a minimum of 28 days from receipt of a complete application (including completed application form and course information) for a decision to be made.
2019/2020 Applications open Monday 29 July 2019!
Grants of up to $1,000 are available per successful applicant.
Partner Education Grants may be used to reimburse costs associated with study or training, including but not limited to, course fees, purchase of resources or directly associated travel.
Over the past five years Rural Health West is proud to have supported over 110 partners with grants of up to $1,000. The following are just some of the ways that Partner Education Grants have been utilised:
- Heavy machinery licence
- Certificate II Spoken and Written English
- Masters in Project Management
- Conference registration for professional development
- Diploma of Graphic Design
- Medical Reception and Practice Management training
- Driver's licence
- Membership to professional associations
- Barista course
- Certificate III in Children Services
- Post graduate studies