Professional Development Grants for Partners
Partners of Western Australian rural general practitioners, hospital doctors, medical specialists, nurses and midwives can apply for a grant to assist with training and education expenses to enhance their career and employment opportunities whilst living in a rural location.
Before applying, ensure you have read the Frequently Asked Questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
You are eligible for a Partner Education Grant if you are:
- The partner of a currently practising Western Australian rural general practitioner, hospital doctor, medical specialist, nurse or midwife.
- Living in a regional, rural or remote Western Australian location with your general practitioner, hospital doctor, medical specialist, nurse or midwife partner.
- Not the recipient of a Rural Health West Partner Education Grant in the previous financial year (July 2019 to June 2020).
- Undertaking professional development within this financial year (2020 – 2021).
- Able to provide Rural Health West with original tax receipts to demonstrate personal payment of training or education expenses mentioned in your application.
- Not in receipt of any other scholarships, bursaries or grants that support this training or education.
- Willing to provide a brief article and photo to be used for promotion by Rural Health West, if successful.
Please note: Meeting eligibility criteria is not a guarantee of receiving a Partner Education Grant.
- Course fees
- Professional Development such as webinars, online courses , conference registration fees
- Postgraduate studies
- Membership to professional associations
- Training related expenses such as course resources, direct travel and accommodation costs
- Heavy machinery license
- Certificate II Spoken and Written English
- Masters in Project Management
- Certificate III in Children Services
- Diploma of Graphic Design
- Medical Reception and Practice Management training
- Driving lessons
- Barista course
- Certificate in Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Certificate IV in Small Business
- Graduate Certificate Counselling
- Flying and Navigation training
- Real Estate licence
- Personal Training
- Safety training and tickets
Payments will be made into a nominated bank account. Please allow four weeks for payments to be made.
Partner Education Grants are administered within financial years (July – June), with limited funding available. Grants will be approved as they are submitted
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Apply online or download a Partner Education Grant application form (PDF) and submit via:
Fax: 08 6389 4501
- You will be notified via email regarding the success of your application.