Professional Development Grants for Partners

Partners of Western Australian rural general practitioners, hospital doctors, medical specialists, nurses and midwives can apply for a grant to assist with training and education expenses to enhance their career and employment opportunities whilst living in a rural location.

PEG Grant


Before applying, ensure you have read the Frequently Asked Questions below.


Apply onlineCLICK HERE
to apply online


Application FormCLICK HERE
to download the application form


Frequently Asked Questions

What is the eligibility criteria?

You are eligible for a Partner Education Grant if you are:

  • The partner of a currently practising Western Australian rural general practitioner, hospital doctor, medical specialist, nurse or midwife.
  •  Living in a regional, rural or remote Western Australian location with your general practitioner, hospital doctor, medical specialist, nurse or midwife partner.
  • Not the recipient of a Rural Health West Partner Education Grant in the previous financial year (July 2019 to June 2020).
  • Undertaking professional development within this financial year (2020 – 2021).
  • Able to provide Rural Health West with original tax receipts to demonstrate personal payment of training or education expenses mentioned in your application.
  • Not in receipt of any other scholarships, bursaries or grants that support this training or education.
  • Willing to provide a brief article and photo to be used for promotion by Rural Health West, if successful.

Please note: Meeting eligibility criteria is not a guarantee of receiving a Partner Education Grant.

What can a Partner Education Grant be used for?
Financial support via a grant can be used towards:
  • Course fees
  • Professional Development such as webinars, online courses , conference registration fees
  • Postgraduate studies
  • Membership to professional associations
  • Training related expenses such as course resources, direct travel and accommodation costs
The following are just some of the ways Partner Education Grants have supported rural West Australian partners to previously:
  • Heavy machinery license
  • Certificate II Spoken and Written English
  • Masters in Project Management
  • Certificate III in Children Services
  • Diploma of Graphic Design
  • Medical Reception and Practice Management training
  • Driving lessons
  • Barista course
  • Certificate in Sexual and Reproductive Health
  • Certificate IV in Small Business
  • Graduate Certificate Counselling
  • Flying and Navigation training
  • Real Estate licence
  • Personal Training
  • Safety training and tickets
How are Partner Education Grants paid to recipients?
Successful recipients will be asked to complete a Rural Health West reimbursement form and submit it along with tax receipts that demonstrate prior personal payment of approved expenses related to training or study.

Payments will be made into a nominated bank account. Please allow four weeks for payments to be made.

Partner Education Grants are administered within financial years (July – June), with limited funding available. Grants will be approved as they are submitted
How do I apply for a Partner Education Grant?
  1. Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria.
  2. Apply online or download a Partner Education Grant application form (PDF) and submit via:
    Fax: 08 6389 4501
  3. You will be notified via email regarding the success of your application.
Can I apply more than once?
Only one application can be approved per partner per financial year, and there must be at least one year between successful applications.
Who funds the Partner Education Grants?
Partner Education Grants are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and administered by Rural Health West.
How do I contact for more information?
If you require more information please contact Jen Maughan, Family Program Coordinator on telephone 08 6389 4500 or email