Professional Development Grants for Partners
Partners of Western Australian rural medical practitioners, nurses, midwives and allied health professionals can apply for funding to assist with the cost of training and education so as to enhance their career and employment opportunities whilst living in a rural location.
2021/2022 ROUND OPENS SOON - August 2021
Before applying, ensure you have read the Frequently Asked Questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
You are eligible for a Partner Education Grant if you are:
- The partner of a currently practicing Western Australian rural medical practitioner, nurse, midwife or allied health professional.
- Living in a regional, rural or remote Western Australian location with your medical practitioner, nurse, midwife or allied health partner.
- Not the recipient of a Partner Education Grant in the past two financial years (last time you received it would have been June 2018 - July 2019, or before).
- Undertaking professional development within this financial year (2021 – 2022).
- Able to provide Rural Health West with original tax receipts/invoice demonstrating personal payment of training or education expenses mentioned in your application, NO LATER than Wednesday 1 June 2022.
- Not in receipt of any other scholarships, bursaries or grants that support this training or education.
- Willing to provide a brief article and photo to be used for promotion by Rural Health West, if successful.
Please note: Meeting eligibility criteria is not a guarantee of receiving a Partner Education Grant.
- Course fees
- Professional Development such as webinars, online courses , conference registration fees
- Postgraduate studies
- Membership to professional associations
- Training related expenses such as course resources, direct travel and accommodation costs
- Heavy machinery license
- Certificate II Spoken and Written English
- Masters in Project Management
- Certificate III in Children Services
- Diploma of Graphic Design
- Medical Reception and Practice Management training
- Driving lessons
- Barista course
- Certificate in Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Certificate IV in Small Business
- Graduate Certificate Counselling
- Flying and Navigation training
- Real Estate licence
- Personal Training
- Safety training and tickets
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Apply online (above) or download a Partner Education Grant application form (PDF) and submit via:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 08 6389 4501
- You will be notified via email regarding the success of your application.
All completed paperwork must be submitted to Rural Health West NO LATER than Wednesday 1 June 2022. However, the sooner you return all paperwork the sooner your Partner Education Grant will be paid into your nominated bank account. Please allow 30 days for your payment to be processed.
Partner Education Grants are administered within financial years (July – June), with limited funding available. Grants will be approved as they are submitted