Financial support for partners of rural doctors.
Partners of rural West Australian general practitioners, hospital doctors and medical specialists can apply for a grant to assist their training and education expenses to enhance their employment opportunities whilst living in a rural location.
"The Certificate IV has always been of high interest to me and now because of this grant I will be able to do it." – 2018/2019 Partner Education Grant recipient.
Successful 2019|2020 applicants have until Monday 1 June 2020 to submit reimbursement forms and supporting documents for approved Partner Education Grants. Please send to family support.
How to apply
Interested partners should:
- be the partner of a currently practising Western Australian rural general practitioner, hospital doctor or medical specialist, both living in a rural or remote location;
- review the Partner Education Grants guidelines and eligibility criteria (Partner Education Grants Brochure);
- submit a Partner Education Grants application form; and
- attach course information as published by the training provider.
Applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of their application. Applicants should anticipate that it will take a minimum of 28 days from receipt of completed application for a decision to be made.
2020/2021 Partner Education Round. OPENING AUGUST 2020. New eligibility criteria inclusive of partners of rural medical and health professionals!
Grants of up to $1,000 are available per successful applicant.
Partner Education Grants are paid as reimbursements and may be used towards costs associated with approved study or training including, but not limited to, course fees, purchase of resources or directly associated travel costs.
Rural Health West is proud to have supported over 150 partners with grants of up to $1000. The following are just some of the ways that Partner Education Grants have been utilised:
- Heavy machinery licence
- Certificate II Spoken and Written English
- Masters in Project Management
- Conference registration for professional development
- Diploma of Graphic Design
- Medical Reception and Practice Management training
- Driver's licence
- Membership to professional associations
- Barista course
- Certificate III in Children Services
- Post graduate studies