Apply for a support grant to assist you with completing a rural clinical placement.
The Allied Health Rural Clinical Placement Support Program aims to provide financial support to allied health students completing a rural clinical placement in rural Western Australia.
Allied Health Rural Clinical Placement Support Program
Rural Health West is offering allied health students the opportunity to apply for financial support to complete a clinical placement in rural Western Australia. Successful applicants may be awarded up to $800 depending on placement location, type of placement and availability of funding.
Funding is available for students who have completed or who will be completing a rural clinical placement between 01 July to 31 December 2018. Please note a second round of funding will be available for students completing rural clinical placements from 01 January to 30 June 2019. Applications for the second round of funding will open in January 2019.
Who is eligible?
Students must be:
- Currently studying in a full time or part time capacity
- Currently enrolled to study at one of the Western Australian Universities; Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University, the University of Notre Dame Fremantle, or the University of Western Australia.
- Studying one of the disciplines listed below
- Clinical Placement located in an MMM 3 - 7 location
*Students located in a Western Australia rural region enrolled externally with a university not listed above are eligible to apply. See guidelines for further information.
Eligible university courses
- Exercise Physiology
- Health Science/ Health promotion
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology
How to apply?
- Download and read the Allied Health Rural Clinical Placement Support Program Guidelines
- Complete and return the Allied Health Rural Clinical Placement Support Program Application Form.
- Submit written evidence from your
universityof the clinical placement location and dates.
Applications are to be submitted to email@example.com