Student grants to attend professional development events.
We offer a limited number of complimentary registrations for students to attend our conferences each year. Subsidised student registrations are also available.
Rural Medicine Australia Conference
Rural Health West is offering up to $1,500 to two current Western Australian students to attend the Rural Medicine Australia conference being held in Melbourne from Thursday 19 October 2017 to Saturday 21 October 2017.
Successful applicants will receive up to $1,500 to use towards registration, travel and accommodation to attend the conference.
- currently studying at a Western Australian University
- a member of their local rural Health Club
How to apply:
In 300 words describe three conference sessions you would like to attend and why. Applications are to be submitted to the Future Workforce Project Officer by 5.00pm on Sunday 24 September 2017.
To view the conference program visit the Rural Medicine Australia website.
External links to scholarships for health students and health professionals
These scholarships are available to students currently studying medicine.
- Australian Government Department of Health - Medical Rural Bonded Scholarship
- Rural Australia Medical Undergraduate Scholarship
- Australian Medical Association - Indigenous Peoples Scholarship
These scholarships are available for students currently studying nursing and midwifery.
These scholarships are available to students studying in an allied health discipline.
These scholarships are available to students currently studying Pharmacy.
These scholarships are available to students studying health promotion.
These scholarships cover a range of health professions.
- The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Australian-American Fulbright Commission
- The University of Western Australia
- Edith Cowan University
- Curtin University
- Australian National University
- Lime Network
- Indigenous Allied Health Australia
- Country Women's Association
- WA Country Health Service
- Health promotion research grants