Student grants to attend professional development events.
We offer a limited number of sponsorships for medical, nursing and allied health students to attend conferences and professional development.
Conference Sponsorships for Medical, Nursing and Allied Health students
Rural Health West is offering Medical, Nursing and Allied Health students currently studying at a Western Australian University the opportunity to apply for a sponsorship to attend a conference or educational workshop relevant to their study and health profession.
Sponsorships are valued up to a maximum of $2,000 per applicant and can be used to contribute to the course or conference attendance/registration fee, association travel and accommodation.
Sponsorships may be used for a conference or educational workshop being undertaken between 1 January 2018 and 30 June 2018.
Students must be:
- Currently enrolled to study at one of the following Universities; Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University, The University of Notre Dame Fremantle, or The University of Western Australia.
- Currently studying in a full time or part time capacity.
- Studying one of the disciplines listed below.
Health Science/Health Promotion
Nursing and Midwifery
To apply for sponsorship students must read the conference sponsorship application guidelines, download and complete the conference sponsorship application form and return it to the Future Workforce Project Officer by close of business Friday 9 February 2018.
Successful applicants will be notified by Friday 16 February 2018.
For any queries please contact the Future Workforce Project Officer.
External links to scholarships for health students and health professionals
These scholarships are available to students currently studying medicine.
- Australian Government Department of Health - Medical Rural Bonded Scholarship
- Rural Australia Medical Undergraduate Scholarship
- Australian Medical Association - Indigenous Peoples Scholarship
- Country Women's Association of Western Australia - CWA Rural Medical Scholarship
These scholarships are available for students currently studying nursing and midwifery.
These scholarships are available to students studying in an allied health discipline.
These scholarships are available to students currently studying Pharmacy.
These scholarships are available to students studying health promotion.
These scholarships cover a range of health professions.
- The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Australian-American Fulbright Commission
- The University of Western Australia
- Edith Cowan University
- Curtin University
- Australian National University
- Lime Network
- Indigenous Allied Health Australia
- Country Women's Association
- WA Country Health Service
- Health promotion research grants