Apply for a student grant to attend professional development events.
We offer a limited number of sponsorships for medical, nursing and allied health students to attend conferences and professional development.
Conference Sponsorship for Medical, Nursing and Allied Health students
Rural Health West is offering Medical, Nursing, Dentistry and Allied Health students currently studying at a Western Australian University the opportunity to apply to attend a conference or educational workshop relevant to their study and health profession.
To apply for sponsorship students must read the conference sponsorship application guidelines, download and complete the conference sponsorship application form and return it to the Future Workforce Project Officer.
Please note funding available is limited. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Applications will be reviewed within 14 working days of receipt, and you will be notified in writing of the outcome of your application. Successful applicants will be notified within a week of submitting their application.
For any queries please contact the Future Workforce Project Officer.
About the sponsorships
Sponsorships are valued to a maximum of $1,500 per applicant and can be used to contribute to the course or conference attendance/registration fee, associated travel and accommodation.
Sponsorships may be used for a conference or educational workshop undertaken between 01 January 2019 and 30 June 2019.
Students must be:
- Currently enrolled to study at one of the following Universities - Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University, the University of Notre Dame Fremantle, or the University of Western Australia.
- Currently studying in a full time or part time capacity.
- Studying one of the disciplines listed below.
Please note that the Rural Health West Annual Conference 2019 is ineligible for sponsorship.
Eligible university courses
- Exercise Science
- Health Science/Health Promotion
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Occupational Therapy
- Social work
- Speech Pathology
External links to scholarships for health students and health professionals
These scholarships are available to students currently studying medicine.
- Australian Government Department of Health - Medical Rural Bonded Scholarship
- Rural Australia Medical Undergraduate Scholarship
- Australian Medical Association - Indigenous Peoples Scholarship
- Country Women's Association of Western Australia - CWA Rural Medical Scholarship
These scholarships are available for students currently studying nursing and midwifery.
These scholarships are available to students studying in an allied health discipline.
These scholarships are available to students currently studying Pharmacy.
These scholarships are available to students studying health promotion.
These scholarships cover a range of health professions.
- The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Australian-American Fulbright Commission
- The University of Western Australia
- Edith Cowan University
- Curtin University
- Australian National University
- Lime Network
- Indigenous Allied Health Australia
- Country Women's Association
- WA Country Health Service
- Health promotion research grants