Find out when a health service is visiting.
Medical specialists and allied health professionals visit all regions of Western Australia to deliver health services to rural and remote communities throughout the year. Use this map to find out when a health service will be visiting your area.
Rural Health West have been awarded new contracts by the Australian Government Department of Health for Outreach programs. Three-year contracts have been received for Medical Outreach Indigenous Chronic Disease Program, Rural Health Outreach Fund, and Visiting Optometrists Scheme for the period 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2020. In addition, we have been advised that a contract will be received for Eye and Ear Surgical Support.
Please note: Visiting health service dates are currently under review. The map will only display services that have had their visit dates confirmed. If you would like to know when a health service will be visiting your area, please contact the Outreach team or telephone (08) 6389 4500.
Step-by-step instructions on how to use this interactive map can be found below the map. The map will automatically update once a filter has been selected. The map may take a small amount of time to load once the filters have been entered.
How to use this interactive map
The map will automatically update once a filter has been selected. The map may take a small amount of time to load once the filters have been entered.
- To start searching for a service in your region, enter a relevant postcode OR select "My Location" to use your computer's GPS coordinates.
- Define the distance parameters, ie. within 10km. The map default distance parameter is 50km.
- You will notice the map has already zoomed in to your location and a dotted blue line will appear around your distance parameter.
- Select the required health professional.
- If necessary, you can define a time frame by using calendar filters.
- Pins will become red if they match your criteria or will remain blue if there are no matches to your criteria. If there are no matches to your criteria, try and change your criteria to find the service nearby or contact the Outreach team for information on a visiting health service.
- Click on the red pin to display the service results. The service, referral description, visit date and visit time will appear in the main section of the results box. The service provider name will appear as a tab along the top.
- Click the drop down arrow on the tab next to the provider name for more information on the service provider. If there is more than one service provider, multiple tabs will appear along the top of the results box. Click each tab to view the various service information.
- If the visiting service fits your criteria, and a referral has been attained, you may contact the relevant service provider.
If you require assistance when using the map, please don't hesitate to contact the Outreach team or phone (08) 6389 4500.
|Service visit dates have been set at this location|
|Services exist at this location and match the filter criteria|
|The last selected location where services exist|
|Reveals/hides search menu|
|Reveals/hides results box|
Health professional filter hints
When searching for a specific service or health professional:
- Medical specialists are referred to as a 'Physician', for example, "Physician - Paediatrics".
- Telehealth services are referred to as 'Telehealth', for example, "Telehealth - Psychiatry".
Dates are subject to change from the service provider. Additional health service dates are added frequently. The map will update every 24 hours.
Health services displayed on the map are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and administered by Rural Health West.