Rural Health West provides a formal orientation program to nurses and allied health professionals who have been recruited to work in rural and remote Western Australia.
Nursing and allied professionals participating in the Rural Health West orientation program will gain an understanding of:
- The Australian healthcare system including relationships between public and private health systems, Medicare billing and referral pathways;
- Cultural awareness with an emphasis on Aboriginal health and wellbeing;
- Information about the destination health service jurisdiction facilities;
- Professional practice and legislative requirements for health professionals in Western Australia; and
- The support structures and continuing professional development opportunities delivered by Rural Health West.
For further information or to book an orientation please contact the Workforce Services team.