An introduction to working in Australia.
We can provide a formal orientation program to nurses and allied health professionals who have been recruited to work in rural Western Australia.
The program includes information designed specifically for nurses and allied health professionals commencing work in rural Western Australia.
Participants will gain an understanding of:
- The Australian healthcare system including relationships between public and private health systems, Medicare billing and referral pathways;
- Cultural awareness with an emphasis on Aboriginal health and wellbeing;
- Information about the destination health service jurisdiction facilities;
- Professional practice and legislative requirements for health professionals in Western Australia; and
- The support structures and continuing professional development opportunities delivered by Rural Health West.
The free one to two hour session is based on the field of practice, personal needs and the destination of the health professional.
For further information or to book an orientation please contact the Workforce Services team.
We also offer a comprehensive orientation program for general practitioners commencing work in rural Western Australia. Click here to learn more.