Physiotherapist / Exercise Physiologist
About the Role
Vacancy for a physiotherapist to service Multiple Sclerosis patients in the Busselton, Margaret River and Pemberton areas. Suitable for graduates.
MSWA is a high profile and very successful not for profit organisation providing a diverse range of services, supports and programs for people living with multiple sclerosis and other neurological conditions. We are a registered service provider with the NDIS, DSC, and the Health Department.
We are seeking suitably experienced and enthusiastic physiotherapists for full-time and part-time positions working out of our Busselton office, which services the lower south west of Western Australia.
You will be responsible for:
• Completion of neurological assessments
• Exercise prescription
• Provision of intensive and functional rehabilitation programmes with the opportunity to promote and facilitate gym, hydrotherapy, recreational and wellness programmes within the community.
• Provide supervision and support for physiotherapy assistants and massage staff.
Experience & Skills
• Bachelor of Science (Physiotherapy) or equivalent (Exercise Physiology) and registered with AHPRA, Police Clearance (dated within 12 months),
• Current ‘C’ Class Driver’s Licence
• Relevant clinical experience, knowledge and clinical competence in physiotherapy within the allocated specialty area
• Well-developed verbal and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
• Ability to function effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
• Demonstrate organisational and time management skills
• and understanding of continuous quality principles and their practical application)
• Current knowledge of legislative obligations for Equal Opportunity, Disability Services and Occupational Safety and Health and how these impact on employment and service delivery.
• Knowledge of NDIS.
What's on Offer
The successful applicant will be offered a competitive rate, including tax free salary packaging options, as well as the opportunity to work within a high profile, highly respected, not-for-profit organisation.
Full Time / Part Time
Days / Hours
Part time applicants will be considered.
The South West region of Western Australia offers great diversity, with beautiful coastal environments adjacent to ancient forests.
The South West region includes the major cities of Mandurah (population 67,000), Bunbury (population 60,000) and Busselton (population 31,000), with other towns including Collie, Manjimup, Harvey, Bridgetown and the well-known wine-growing centre of Margaret River.
The region is well-serviced by doctors and specialists and includes the major health centres in Mandurah (Peel Health Campus) and Bunbury (South West Health Campus).
The South West is popular as a holiday destination with coastal town populations swelling over the summer holiday periods and the inland areas being popular camping and adventure activity destinations.