About the Role
Working under the direction of the Registered Nurse and closely with residents, their families and the multidisciplinary team, this position contributes to the provision of person-centred, individual support to residents within the Aged Care Facility. The physical and emotional wellbeing of residents is promoted through the everyday support of meaningful life activities.
This role also provides clinical service delivery and works closely with the Registered Nurse to implement evidence based best practice and quality initiatives across the facility. You will be working solo on night shift.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Making Life Meaningful through Service Delivery
2. Communication & Relationships
3. Teamwork and Administrative requirements
4. Best Practice, Accreditation and Continuous Improvement
Experience & Skills
1. A commitment to work within and promote the values of the employer.
2. Qualified as an Enrolled Nurse with current registration with AHPRA and experience in aged care.
3. Good clinical and care skills, commensurate with being an Enrolled Nurse.
4. Demonstrated ability to relate positively with the aged care population with empathy, understanding and respect.
5. Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Able to work flexibly, and contribute positively to a team environment.
7. Demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities and complete a busy workload.
8. Demonstrated commitment to on-going development of relevant knowledge, skills and attitudes.
9. Able to promote the physical and emotional wellbeing of people through a partnership approach to everyday needs including activities of daily living.
10. Working knowledge of Aged Care Quality Standards and legislation.
11. Working knowledge of ACFI.
12. Demonstrated proficiency in a range of IT applications.
Full Time / Part Time
Days / Hours
75 hours per fortnight
The South West region of Western Australia offers great diversity, with beautiful coastal environments adjacent to ancient forests.
The South West region includes the major cities of Mandurah (population 67,000), Bunbury (population 60,000) and Busselton (population 31,000), with other towns including Collie, Manjimup, Harvey, Bridgetown and the well-known wine-growing centre of Margaret River.
The region is well-serviced by doctors and specialists and includes the major health centres in Mandurah (Peel Health Campus) and Bunbury (South West Health Campus).
The South West is popular as a holiday destination with coastal town populations swelling over the summer holiday periods and the inland areas being popular camping and adventure activity destinations.