In this broadcast Dr Paul Armstrong, Director of Communicable Disease Control, Western Australian Health Department, Dr David Smith, PathWest Laboratory Medicine WA and Dr Olga Ward discuss the management and treatment of infectious diseases with relevance to rural and remote GPs, including;
- Managing epidemic diseases on a local level
- Potential infectious threats in WA
- Dealing with a report of atypical mycobacterium
- Clinical management of cellulitis
- Bacteria resistance and community MRSA
This broadcast has been allocated two CPD points by The RACGP and one CPD point by ACRRM. CPD points are not guaranteed and are subject to review by both agencies.