REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN
This Rural Health West CPD workshop provides obstetric teams with the necessary skills to effectively manage problems which may occur during neonatal delivery and postnatal care. Covering neonatal resuscitation, ventilation, chest compression, endotracheal intubation and medications, the workshop also considers ethical questions and how lessons learned can be implemented to improve care in a local setting. Information and teaching is delivered via seminars, case studies, practical hands-on sessions and also mega code scenarios involving the entire resuscitation team.
This workshop content will include:
Day One − Neonatal Resuscitation Program
• Understanding the physiology of normal transition at birth
• Understanding approaches to neonatal resuscitation
• Participant demonstration of proficient resuscitation skills
• Participant demonstration of the ability to lead full neonatal resuscitation and coordinate the response of others
• Understanding how lessons learnt can be implemented to improve care in the local setting
Day Two – Neonatal Emergency Care
• Stabilisation of the sick neonate
• Advanced clinical skills including insertion of umbilical vein catheter/umbilical artery catheter and pneumothorax management
• Common neonatal problems – detailed interactive teaching scenarios
GP obstetricians, medical practitioners and midwives. Priority is given to those working in the local region.
Two Days Day 1:
12noon - 7pm Day 2:
8am - 3pm
Midwives - $440 for both days (including GST)
GP/GPO - $660 for both days (including GST)
This workshop is accredited with RACGP and ACRRM for continuing professional development points and is approved for the Rural Procedural Grants Program. Please contact your relevant college before attending training if you wish to apply for the grant.
You will receive an email link for payment in an event confirmation email. Payment is required within 14 days of receiving the email. If full payment is not received within 14 days, your place will be offered to another delegate.
Applicants who give notice of cancellation of four (4) weeks or more will receive a full refund of the course fee.
Applicants who withdraw from the course 14 days prior will receive a 50% refund of the course fee.
Applicants who fail to attend a course or who withdraw from the course less than 14 days of the course date will be considered on an individual case basis.
The Privacy Act 2014 provides that before your personal contact details can be published or made available to major sponsors, exhibitors and other parties directly related to this workshop, you must give your consent. If you do not consent to your contact details being provided to the abovementioned parties, please contact the CPD Team at CPD@ruralhealthwest.com.au or 08 6389 4500