REGISTRATIONS NOW CLOSED
Rural Health West, in partnership with The Benchmarque Group is pleased to invite doctors, nurses and allied health professionals to the Otitis Media and Ear Health Care Program.
The program is designed to develop the knowledge and skills required for professionals working in Indigenous health to safely assess the aural health of individuals and implement best practice management guidelines. The program uses as its foundation the Recommendations for clinical care guidelines on the management of Otitis Media in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Populations (2010).
At the successful completion of this program the clinician should:
• have knowledge and understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the ear;
• be able to perform a comprehensive ear health assessment;
• recognise abnormalities of the auditory system;
• recognise the need for refer to medical staff or specialist;
• give the patient a comprehensive explanation of examination findings; and
• document the examination findings and outcome in the patient’s history.
The Otitis Media and Aural Health Care Program is available to Registered and Enrolled Nurses, Audiometrists, General Practitioners, ATSI Health Practitioners, ATSI Health Workers and Allied Health Care Workers.
8.45am - 4.00pm
This course is FREE but registration is essential.
The program is endorsed by RACGP, ACRRM, APNA and Hearing Aid and Audiometry Society of Australia.