Rural Health West, in partnership with WA Country Health Service, is pleased to invite regional medical practitioners and emergency department professionals to the Remote Emergency Medicine workshop.
The course will cover:
• High fidelity simulation sessions;
• Skills workshops;
• Surgical skills in critical care;
• Interactive case discussions on:
• Paediatric and adult critical care scenarios including trauma and sepsis;
• Management of severe traumatic brain injury in the remote setting
• Management of the agitated patient
This is a free workshop, facilitated by a team of emergency medicine specialists supporting Western Australian medical practitioners to expand their remote emergency skills and knowledge.
Eligibility: All medical practitioners, emergency department doctors, emergency department nurses and nurses. Priority is given to those working in the local region.
Length: two days.
Day one: 7.45am-6.00pm
Day two: 8.00am-4.15pm
Cost: free of charge.
Accreditation: an application has been made with The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) and the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) for continuing professional development points and is pending approval for the Rural Procedural Grants Program. Please contact your relevant college prior to attending to ascertain your eligibility.