Emergency physicians and general practitioners who practise emergency medicine from the Great Southern and South West are welcome to attend this Inaugural Acute Cardiac Regional Meeting at the Albany Entertainment Centre.
Scheduled to take place Friday afternoon and evening, overnight accommodation and bus transfers will be provided on Friday 17 March for those participants from the South West who wish to travel to Albany for this event.
Program: view the full program here.
Hear from Cardiologists Randall Hendriks, Allison Morton, Vince Paul, Nigel Sinclair and Angus Thompson on the following:
- Can't-miss, life threatening ECGs
- Management of AF in the ED setting
- Management of pacemakers and ICDs in the ED setting
- Management of ACS in the ED setting
- Assessment of chest pain in the ED setting
At the end of this meeting, participants should be able to:
- Distinguish between SVT (with underlying bundle branch block or aberrancy) and VT
- Understand the importance of pre-excited atrial fibrillation
- Have increased knowledge of acute management of cardiac emergencies (tamponade, complete heart block)
- Have increased knowledge of how to manage AF in the ED
- Understand the indications for thrombolysis versus transfer for primary angioplasty in the setting of STEMI
- Perform best practice assessment to identify patients requiring specialist interventions, and subsequently, accurate interpretation of reports
Registrations close 17 February 2017.
emergency physicians and general practitioners who practise emergency medicine from the Great Southern and South West
Free of charge
this workshop will be accredited with RACGP and ACRRM for continuing professional development points. Approval will be sought for the Rural Procedural Grants Program. It is requested you contact your relevant college before attending this training if you wish to apply for the grant.
For all other information: contact Samantha Collins, Marketing and Events Coordinator, HeartCare Western Australia
T: 0430 151 093 | E: Samantha.email@example.com