“Loved this so much. Highlight of med school. Thank you.” - 2018 delegate
Rotto Ramble 2018 enabled participants to test their medical skills and knowledge responding to life-threatening medical emergencies on the beaches and tourist hot spots of Rottnest Island. Participants worked as a team to diagnose, stabilise and save the lives of the ‘casualties’ under the guidance of specialist emergency physicians from the State’s top emergency departments.
To express your interest for the 2019 event, please email the Events Team.
Who can attend
- GP registrars
- Resident medical officers
- Third and fourth year medical students
This practical and unique event featured:
- A strong focus on implementation and participation. many of the skills and knowledge gained will be applicable to dealing with emergencies that may occur in real life.
- An event facilitated by experienced emergency physicians and educators with expertise in wilderness medicine training.
- Teamwork and leadership skills development and a chance to learn how you respond to stress and uncertainty.
- Competitive camaraderie as you work with your team to manage staged emergencies that you may face in your medical career.
- The chance to build networks and friendships with other participants, colleagues and specialists.
“I had a fantastic time, learnt a lot and really got inspired to do wilderness medicine and emergency medicine in resource poor environments.” - 2018 delegate