Rural Health West provides a series of webinar training sessions, developed by a range of industry leaders, for general practice staff.
All webinar sessions are free of charge, but participants are required to register. To participate in a webinar attendees require a computer, internet connection, email address and a speakerphone or headset. Participants will be emailed a link, which can be opened at the scheduled webinar time.
Upcoming Rural Health West webinars and education
Chronic Disease Management Workshop
Friday 30 June 2016, 9.00am - 1.00pm | Parmelia Hilton Perth
Registrations are open to all practice staff for this FREE workshop.
Do you want to improve the way you manage the care of your chronic disease patients?
Attendance at this half-day workshop will explore what it takes to develop successful chronic disease management programs, maximise business and practice nurse efficiency. This workshop is designed to improve processes and improve patient outcomes.
Presented by Ms Donna von Blanckensee, a Registered Nurse and Chief Executive Officer of CD Program Development will guide participants through an interactive session to help you take better care of your patients.
The workshop content includes:
- How to implement effective chronic disease clinics
- Working through the key Medicare Benefit Schedule items that can be used in chronic disease management
- The A to Z of Health Care Plans
- The A to Z of Chronic Disease Management Plans and Team Care Arrangements
- Working within a business model that increases revenue whilst maintaining a client centred focus
- The do’s and don’ts of billing processes used in chronic disease management
- Maximising practice nurse efficiency
For more information, please contact the Continuing Professional Development Coordinator or telephone (08) 6389 4500.
Australian Association of Practice Management (AAPM)
A wide range of AAPM eSeminars are available for all staff. Practice staff may register for the Standard Package - 3, the Premium Package - 6 or the Executive Package - 10, or register for sessions individually.
There will also be an option to purchase the recordings after the webinars.
For more information please visit AAPM Upcoming Events.
Australian Medical Association (AMA) Training
Enrolment dates are open for a range of medical reception training courses provided by AMA Training. Distance learning options are available for rural and remote students.
For course details and dates please click here or contact the Australian Medical Association (WA).
Telephone: 9273 3033 or visit the AMA WA website.
Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association (APNA)
APNA online learning offers the opportunity to keep up to date with knowledge and skills, without the need to travel, take time off from work or be away from family and without the cost and inconvenience of travelling to a central location. APNA online learning offers:
- Free and discounted learning for APNA members
- Meet CPD requirements
- Carry out online training using rich, interactive learning
- Access to a range of valuable resources
Courses available include:
- Diabetes Management in the Primary Care Setting
- Cardiovascular Disease Risk - Assessment and Management
- Mental Health
- Midwifery Telehealth On-line Learning
- National Bowel Cancer Screening Program
Visit APNA Online Learning for more information.
Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited (AGPAL)
AGPAL's online learning modules are available to educate your practice staff on key areas of the accreditation process and requirements under the Royal Australian College of General Practitioner (RACGP) Standards for general practices: 4th edition.
Module topics include:
- Quality improvement and accreditation
- Processing of reusable equipment
- Health information management
- Practice management
- Practice services
- AGPAL clients are also provided with complimentary access to the THINK GP education portal.
Visit AGPAL online for more information.
The Benchmarque Group
The Benchmarque Group is a Registered Training Organisation specialising in the development and delivery of nationally accredited clinical skills programs.
Focused on the delivery of programs designed for nurses and other healthcare professionals, Benchmarque courses are evidence based, skills focused and nationally accredited. They provide successful participants with the opportunity to gain a qualification that can be added immediately to their scope of practice.
Self-directed courses include:
- Graduate certificate in ECG interpretation
- Oral hydration management
- Graduate certificate in continence promotion and management
Visit The Benchmarque Group website for more information.
GPA ACCREDITATION plus
GPA Accreditation Plus offers interactive online training presentations that are also available to non-members of GPA Accreditation Plus and presented by experienced members. The online training is:
- Free to all participants
- Scheduled to limit the disruptions to your practice
- Designed to support staff in running a professional practice
- Comprehensive, covering a range of topics
- Can be viewed on your computer, iPad, iPhone, or Android device
- Can be viewed at a later date on the GPA Accreditation Plus YouTube channel
Mental Health Act 2014
The Mental Health Act 2014 was passed by the Western Australian Parliament on 16 October 2014 and replaced the previous Mental Health Act 1996 on 30 November 2015. The Act creates new rights for families and carers to be more involved in decision making and treatment planning. There are also additional safeguards and advocacy services to protect the rights of people experiencing mental illness.
The Mental Health Commission has compiled a document containing Frequently Asked Questions from clinicians about the Mental Health Act 2014 in the early days of transition to the new Act's requirements. FAQs and further information about the change are available on the Mental Health Commission website.
UNE Partnerships is the education and training company of UNE. It is the right option for many people seeking a vocational education that can transition to university study. Visit the UNE Partnerships website for more information.
WA Primary Health Alliance
WA Primary Health Alliance (WAPHA) is the organisation that oversees the strategic commissioning functions of the three Western Australian Primary Health Networks: Perth North, Perth South and Country WA. WAPHA’s primary objective is to improve health outcomes and patient experiences through the commissioning of appropriate services where they are most needed. Visit the WAPHA website for more information.