Financial support for partners of rural doctors.
Partners of rural general practitioners, hospital doctors and medical specialists can apply for a grant to assist with training and education expenses to enhance their employment opportunities whilst living in a rural location.
– 2017/2018 Partner Education Grant recipient.
2018-2019 Applications NOW OPEN!
Grants of up to $1,000 are available per applicant.
Round 1: July 2018 to December 2018
Grants may be used to reimburse costs associated with study, for example training fees, tuition, purchase of books, equipment and materials.
Over the past four years Rural Health West is proud to have supported over 80 partners with grants of up to $1,000. The following are just some of the ways that Partner Education Grants have been utilised:
- Heavy machinery licence
- Certificate II Spoken and Written English
- Masters in Project Management
- Conference registration for professional development
- Diploma of Graphic Design
- Medical Reception and Practice Management training
- Driver's licence
- Membership to professional associations
- Barista course
- Certificate III in Children Services
How to apply
Interested partners should:
- be the partner of a currently practising Western Australian rural general practitioner, hospital doctor or medical specialist, both living in a rural or remote location;
- read the Partner Education Grants guidelines and eligibility criteria (Partner Education Grants Brochure);
- submit a Partner Education Grants application form; and
- enclose course information as published by the training provider.
Applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of their application. Applicants should anticipate that it will take a minimum of 28 days from receipt of a complete application (including completed application form and course information) for a decision to be made.