Rewarding doctors in rural Western Australia.
The Awards recognise the achievements in medical care from doctors and specialists in rural and remote parts of the State, and doctors who have provided 20, 30, 40 and 50 years of service to country communities.
Nominations are now open for the WA Country Doctors' Awards!
View the categories below and nominate a doctor who deserves recognition. Nominations close 5.00pm Friday 9 February 2018.
If downloading a nomination form, please fill in the correct PDF nomination form for the relevant category. All nominations must include a statement outlining why the nominee should be recognised for an award AND a letter of support from a peer/colleague of the nominee, or member of a local community organisation (if applicable).
The awards are presented by Rural Health West and WA Country Health Service.
WA Country Doctors' Awards Gala Dinner
Join us in celebrating your rural peers at the WA Country Doctors' Awards Gala Dinner. The awards will be presented during the evening to recipients of special awards and long service awards. Tickets include a three course meal, beverages and entertainment. If you would like to attend this event, please contact the Events team to purchase tickets OR you can purchase them during the Annual Conference registration process.
When: Saturday 24 March 2017, 7.00pm to 11.00pm
Where: Hyatt Regency Perth
Tickets: $120.00 per person
WA Country Doctors' Awards categories
- Must be nominated by a community member or patient.
- Must be currently practising in a rural location (MMM 2-7).
- Can be working in private general practice, a WA Country Health Service hospital, an Aboriginal Medical Service or with the Royal Flying Doctor Service.
- Has had a significant positive impact or contribution to the community through one of the following:
- Improved community health and wellbeing.
- Promotion of local community to other medical professionals.
- Demonstrated long-standing commitment to local community.
- Nominations must include 250 words outlining why the nominee should be recognised for this award, based on the relevant criteria.
- All nominations must include a letter of support from a peer or member of a local community organisation.
- All nomination forms must be submitted by the closing date.