Rural Health West is the leading health workforce agency in Western Australia, focused on the attraction and retention of health professionals to rural and remote Western Australian communities.
The agency has been in existence for over 25 years, established initially as the Western Australian Centre for Remote and Rural Medicine (WACRRM) in 1989, trading as Rural Health West since 2007.
Our vision is to be the leading agency which improves the health of rural, remote and Indigenous Western Australians through innovative workforce solutions.
Rural Health West is a not-for-profit agency that receives funding from the Australian Government Department of Health and the WA Country Health Service. The organisation is governed by an eight member Board of Directors made up of elected and appointed Directors who are responsible to the organisation's membership base.
What we do
- Provide a personalised recruitment service for rural practices recruiting permanent and locum general practitioners, nurses, midwives, dentists and allied health professionals.
- Facilitate an extensive number of continuing professional development opportunities for these professionals including up to six conferences and 30 workshops each year.
- Engage with the future workforce to raise the profile of rural practice.
- Provide business support to rural practices to assist them in increasing the efficiency of their day-to-day operations.
- Provide personal and family support to rural practitioners.
- Coordinate specialist and allied health outreach services to regional and remote communities on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health.
We are focused on ensuring rural communities of Western Australia have access to high quality primary health care services and we work collaboratively with many agencies across the State, and nationally, to support and advocate for rural health professionals.
Please explore the website to discover the many opportunities and the great support available to rural practitioners, or please download our organisational booklet to learn more. For a comprehensive history of Rural Health West, please download the 25 year commemorative booklet, which provides details of the many contributors to rural Western Australian primary health care.