We consider our members an essential element of the organisation.
Our members act as a sounding board for new initiatives, provide support for our advocacy work on issues that impact health services and workforce in country Western Australia, and act as our eyes and ears on the ground in rural communities.
Become a member of Rural Health West
Having a strong and healthy membership is vital to ensuring that we are accurately representing the views of Western Australia's rural and remote medical and health workforce. We do this at local, regional, state and national level.
We invite individuals who work or have an interest in the rural health and medical sector, and organisations which operate in or support rural Western Australia to become members of Rural Health West and help us to ensure that everyone, everywhere has access to quality healthcare.
Download our Memberships Brochure to read more about becoming a member.
"Rural Health West has encouraged and supported my chosen career path, from a new graduate working in rural Western Australia to opening my own physiotherapy clinic in the Wheatbelt. My passion is rural physiotherapy and Rural Health West has helped shape this passion and make my dreams a reality."
- Karen Rodgers-Smart, physiotherapist
Registered medical practitioners having substantial medical experience in rural and remote areas (as determined by the Board) or with a current demonstrable interest in medicine in remote and rural areas (as determined by the Board).
Fee: $25.00 per annum
Download individual membership application form
An organisation, currently operating in WA, which shall meet one or more of the following:
- Be representative of medical practitioners, nursing or allied health professionals in remote and rural areas.
- Be employers of medical practitioners, nursing or allied health professionals who are working in one or more remote or rural areas
- Be an educator of existing or potential medical practitioners; or nursing; or allied health professionals, who are working or may in the future work in one or more remote and rural areas
- Local Government Authorities within remote and rural areas
- Other organisations the Board deems appropriate.
Fee: $100.00 per annum
Download organisational membership application form
A person or organisation who demonstrates to the Board a desire to support the objects in the constitution (whether a medical practitioner or otherwise).
Fee: $10.00 per annum
Download associate membership application form
Life MembershipThe Board of Directors will consider nominations of individuals who can demonstrate one or more of the following:
- 30+ years of continuous, exemplary service to rural and remote health in Western Australia.
- Extensive service (but less than 30 years) to rural and remote health in Western Australia.
- 20 years of Board, committee or other direct service to the Company or WACRRM (UWA) including staff.
Current Life Members:
- Emeritus Professor Max Kamien (2012)
- Dr Felicity Jefferies (2013)
- Dr Malcolm Hodsdon (2014)
- Professor Geoffrey Riley (2016)
- Dr Stephen Langford (2017)
Membership with Rural Health West allows you to have a voice at the following events**:
** Please note you DO NOT have to be a member to access Rural Health West’s services and programs.
Rural Health West Constitution
Individuals or organisations who are interested in membership are encouraged to read the Rural Health West Constitution prior to completing a membership application form.
Rural Health West Board of Directors
- Two Individual Members, currently residing and practising in rural and remote areas, elected by the Individual Members.
- Two representatives of the Organisational Members, one of whom must be a medical practitioner and one of whom must not be a medical practitioner, elected by all Members.
- Up three persons with a range of business skills elected by members of the board.
- An independent Chair appointed by the Board members shown in 1, 2 and 3 above.
For further information on membership, please contact Rural Health West or telephone (08) 6389 4500.