Rural Health West is a non government, not-for-profit organisation that continues to help address the recruitment and retention of medical practitioners in rural and remote Western Australia.
We develop strategies and programs aimed at enhancing the sustainability of medical practice in these areas.
Rural Health West seeks interested people and organisations who have the right experience and background to help guide the organisation by becoming members. Individuals or organisations who are interested in membership are encouraged to read the Rural Health West Constitution prior to completing a membership application form.
There are four membership categories available:
Registered medical practitioners having substantial medical experience in rural and remote areas (as determined by the Board) or with a current demonstrable interest in medicine in remote and rural areas (as determined by the Board).
Fee: $25.00 per annum Download individual membership application form
An organisation, currently operating in WA, which shall meet one or more of the following:
- Be representative of medical practitioners, nursing or allied health professionals in remote and rural areas.
- Be employers of medical practitioners, nursing or allied health professionals who are working in one or more remote or rural areas
- Be an educator of existing or potential medical practitioners; or nursing; or allied health professionals, who are working or may in the future work in one or more remote and rural areas
- Local Government Authorities within remote and rural areas
- Other organisations the Board deems appropriate.
Fee: $100.00 per annum
Download organisational membership application form
A person or organisation who demonstrates to the Board a desire to support the objects in the constitution (whether a medical practitioner or otherwise).
Fee: $10.00 per annum
Download associate membership application form
The Board will consider nominations of individuals who can demonstrate one or more of the following:
- 30+ years of continuous, exemplary service to rural and remote health in Western Australia.
- Extensive service (but less than 30 years) to rural and remote health in Western Australia.
- 20 years of Board, committee or other direct service to the Company or WACRRM (UWA) including staff.
Current Life Members:
- Emeritus Professor Max Kamien (2012)
- Dr Felicity Jefferies (2013)
- Dr Malcolm Hodsdon (2014)
- Professor Geoffrey Riley (2016)
- Dr Stephen Langford (2017)
Membership with Rural Health West allows you to have a voice at the following events**:
** Please note you DO NOT have to be a member to access Rural Health West’s services and programs.
|Membership||Attendance at AGMs and GMs||Voting at AGMs and GMs||Board Appointment|
See (1) above
See (2) above
Rural Health West's Board
- Two Individual Members, currently residing and practicing in rural and remote areas, elected by the Individual Members.
- Two representatives of the Organisational Members, one of whom must be a medical practitioner and one of whom must not be a medical practitioner, elected by all Members.
- Up three persons with a range of business skills elected by members of the board.
- An independent Chair appointed by the Board members shown in 1, 2 and 3 above.
For further information on membership email Rural Health West or telephone +61 08 63894500